First, let's go over a quick primer on what mold is. All molds are fungi, just like mushrooms and athlete's foot, for example. The mold that is toxic to you and your family is relatively rare in the fungi world, meaning most kinds you find in your house or business aren't dangerous. However, some toxic molds are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be cleaned up and completely removed.
Government experts recommend that you contact a affordable emergency mold damage repair saint simons island ga company for assistance if the mold growth takes up more than 3 square feet. When you see any frightening mold growth, though, it's smart to reach out for cleanup assistance from professional mold removal services. Certified technicians can help you test for mold spots in other spots around the structure using tools such as temperature sensors, moisture detectors and more.
Before you contact mold cleanup specialists, the first step is to stop the mold from getting worse. Do this by turning off any HVAC systems. Next, work to stop the moisture source that supplied the mold in the first place. For instance, make sure damaged roofs are no longer getting into your attic and staunch the flow of any moisture that has seeped into your basement. The next step is to contain the problem in as small an area as possible. You might block off the area in question with disposable tarps, for example.
Should you get a mold mitigation service to help or can you finish it on your own? Beyond pondering the extent of the damage, consider any aggravating health issues that make you susceptible to risk.
Once you've made the decision, there are vital steps to take in either direction. If you're performing the cleanup, get started with gathering proper equipment and clothing. You'll need airtight goggles, coveralls that are easy to launder and that cover your extremities, and mold-safe masks and gloves. You should also get dedicated sponges and disposable plastic sheeting that will help catch mold spores as you remove them. Health officials agree that you should avoid leaving unpainted drywall that is moldy anywhere you find it because it can't be cleaned well enough. Whatever you do, don't clean with bleach, especially if you're dealing with a substantial mold damage situation. It's completely unsuccessful for any porous surfaces, and only somewhat effective on hard surfaces. It's also dangerous because it can cause fumes and should not be mixed with ammonia-based cleaners such as window cleaner.
If you're concerned enough about mold damage to do online research, you need a professional mold removal company. For example, don't hire a company focused in humid climates.
Check licensing and certifications before you hire a mold removal company. The State Business Licensing Division is a good place to get started, and you can check for affiliations such as as the Contractor Connection, Restoration Industry Association and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration.
You need to mitigate any mold growth you come across to prevent further mold damage, and do it now. If not, harmful mold will keep eating on your structure and will ruin your possessions. Some molds, those that release mycotoxins, can also cause sever health risks ranging from brain damage. Mold in the environment can be especially harmful to babies and kinds
The best way to mitigate your mold damage is to get professional mold removal help. Don't hesitate.